Thursday, July 8, 2010

11 Days

Written By Michelle Johnston (Fount of Mercy Volunteer, Photographer)

Uganda is quickly approaching and I feel anxious, excited and slightly nauseous with butterflies in my stomach. I think it has a lot to do with the unknown. Not knowing what I will see and how I will feel, but that's a pretty exciting feeling in itself. Every time i get to decline an invitation to something because i will be in Africa I feel like a bus just hit my heart, making me realize that it’s really happening, finally!

I’m happy to say that my fellow travel buddies have arrived safely in Uganda and I can’t wait to meet them there. Carly, a fellow Jersey City girl and an absolute DELIGHT is teaching music & theater classes and is also chronicling her first time in Uganda with Fount of Mercy here, http://carlyvoigt.blogspot.com/

No comments: