Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Meet out Intern Katie Korpi



Hello, my name is Katie Korpi and I recently interned for Fount of Mercy with their Vocational Development Program.

I lived and worked in Jinja for close to six months before recently returning to the US. Working with Fount was truly an honor and it allowed me to see very real needs and struggles that Uganda faces daily. The work that FOM is implementing is nothing short of extraordinary and being a part of the process was a fantastic, eye opening, deep breath of fresh air.

Although sometimes challenging, researching different viable options for sanitary pads, as well as helping to develop a business class curriculum, was both strengthening and humbling and I am so thankful I was able to play a small part in Fount's big picture.

Written by Katie Korpi
Vocational Development INTERN for Fount of Mercy

No comments: